Complete Guide And Journey To Mount Ijen Crater Banyuwangi. East Java may now be a most toursist interesten of tourism in Indonesia which is also visited by many local and international tourists. After Batu and Malang, Banyuwangi also has very cool tourism potential to pass up. Starting from the beach to the mountain, Banyuwangi deserves to be an attractive tourist priority. There are many tourist attractions in Banyuwangi. One of them is Ijen Crater Tourism in Banyuwangi, East Java.
The beauty of Ijen Crater
The beauty of Ijen Crater Ijen Crater is a crater from Mount Ijen which has a beautiful panorama and can be visited as a mountain tourist attraction. The sights offered will provide peace of mind for tourists. Although basically tourists need to climb with difficulty, but when it is at its peak there will be amazing views that may not exist in other mountain craters.
One of the advantages of Ijen Crater is the view of Ijen Blue Fire Tour. Blue Fire itself is a view of the blue fire from sulfur in the Ijen Crater which is said to say there are only 2 in the world. Blue Fire can only be seen when it’s dark, or even at night. This is the unique side of Mount Ijen, where tourists who want to see Blue Fire must climb from midnight so as not to lose the sight.
Complete Guide And Information Mount Ijen Crater Banyuwangi
In addition, the Ijen crater itself has a beautiful panorama, with water in a crater similar to the Bandung Ciwidey White Crater, which is tosca-colored with white cliff edges. As morning approaches, tourists can also hunt for beautiful sunrise views and it’s a pity to miss them.
Because it is a mountain tour, the temperature in the Banyuwangi Tourism Spot is very cold. Especially at night when climbing. The temperature can be up to 2 degrees Celsius. Therefore, tourists must remain active in climbing. During the climb, the star and sky will look brighter so it will definitely be able to provide new experiences for the tourists who attend.
Entrance fee to mount Ijen
If you want to visit Ijen Crater Tourism, pay attention to the price of the following entrance ticket so that you can do a tour preparation that is truly in accordance with the budget.
Domestic tourists: IDR 5,000 for normal days and IDR 7,500 for weekends
International Tourists: IDR 100,000 for normal days and IDR 150,000 for weekends
If tourists bring a camera or want to hold a commercial shooting event, it costs Rp. 10,000,000
Route to Ijen Crater
To go to Ijen Crater, a trip can be made from Banyuwangi City by heading to Paltuding area. There will be a window that opens at 1:00 in the morning. Climbing is done from Paltuding from early morning after buying tickets until 12.00 in the afternoon.
The hiking route from Paltuding is very easy to see, because it only consists of 1 climbing route. From Paltuding to Ijen Crater, it takes at least 3 hours to climb (depending on each body’s stamina). If you want to see the blue fire, of course you have to arrive at Ijen Crater before 04.00 and that means the climb must be done quite quickly.
The route to get to Ijen Crater is quite tiring, because all the paths are uphill and there is almost no derivative path at all. Of course, for tourists who are not accustomed to going up the mountain, a very extra adaptation is needed. Therefore, before heading to Ijen it is better to do physical exercise first to prepare the body to easily climb.
Facilities and Activities in Ijen Crater
Facilities and Activities at Ijen Crater
Tourists who come to Ijen Crater are certainly aiming to enjoy the natural beauty that is there. Ijen Crater, which is also one of the tourist attractions in East Java, is included in tourism objects with quite complete facilities. The following are some of the facilities and activities that can be done in this tourist attraction, including:
- Food court – Around the entrance to the Ijen Crater there are many food stalls and also food places that can be visited for just breakfast to fill up before climbing. The food served is quite complete and can warm the body.
- Toilet – Still around the entrance window, there is a common toliet that can be used for urinating and defecating.
- Parking location – There are parking locations for both 2-wheeled and 4-wheeled vehicles that are quite spacious and can accommodate tourist vehicles.
- Mask rental – Because the Ijen Crater is still active, tourists are advised to rent a special mask to avoid the smell of dangerous sulfur
- Extensive climbing path – Unlike other mountains that have narrow climbing paths, this Ijen Crater can be climbed with a hiking trail that is quite wide and airy so it is relatively harmless. But still need to be careful to be safe until the destination.
- Local “taxis” – If tourists are not strong enough to climb, because the path is very steep, tourists can take a local “taxi”, which is a cart that can be climbed and driven or pulled by local residents to help reach the top.
- Seeing sulfur miners – Ijen Crater is a livelihood for some of the local residents around it to mine sulfur. Tourists who come can see the activity in the morning.
- Sunrise view point – Around the Ijen Crater there are spots to see the best sunrise or sunrise.
- Blue Fire – Blue fire can be witnessed if your climbing trip is fast, because the blue fire will disappear if the dawn has broken.
- Souvenirs – souvenirs or soubenir from Ijen Crater that are widely sold are carvings from local sulfur.
Travel Tips to Ijen Crater
Ijen Crater is a volcano mountain that is similar to mount Bromo, so tips for traveling there are similar to Travel Tips to Bromo. But there are some things that need further attention if you want to go to Ijen Crater, starting from the physical to the luggage that will be used for climbing. Here are some travel tips that need to be considered so that your tour runs without a hitch, including:
- Use warm clothes because the temperature in Ijen is very cold. If you need to use a mountain jacket because the mountain jacket has a thin but very warm character.
- Use shoes or mountain sandals specifically for walking so that the trip becomes comfortable.
Bring supplies of snacks such as chocolate or biscuits during climbing so that you can provide stamina when needed.
- Bring supplies of drinking water to anticipate thirst and dehydration.
- Always rent a special mask from Paltuding. But if forgetfulness, above usually there are also local residents who offer at a price of Rp. 30,000.
- Bring a regular mask, because even a special mask can still create the smell of sulfur and the eyes become late afternoon.
- Bring a bright flashlight or headlamp, because climbing is done at night.
- Bring the best camera to capture rare blue fire moments.
- Obey orders or recommendations from local officials. If it is prohibited to go up, then do not go up, because it could be that there is a storm, rain, and so on.
- Keep cleanliness at any tourist spot.
- Perform physical preparation before traveling. In order to climb more smoothly, use a backpack according to your needs.
Such is the explanation about Ijen Crater Tourism which needs to be known as information if you want to visit there. I hope this information is helpful. Good luck and climb. Source : https://kawahijentour.com/